About Dental College
Dental College, HITEC Institute of Medical Sciences (Dental college, HITEC- IMS) is a newly established Dental college in the private sector in Pakistan. It was inspected and recognized by Pakistan Medical Council (PMC).
It offers four years basic and clinical training program leading to a BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) degree. The college is affiliated with the National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS), Rawalpindi. The institute imparts quality education and necessary skills to young potential dentists. The administration makes all efforts to provide them with an enabling environment; a pre-requisite for an honorable career and professional growth. For clinical and practical training, a Dental Hospital with 75 dental units is affiliated with the institution.
Vision and Mission
Dental College HITEC-IMS is a socially accountable institute of teaching and learning with the following vision and mission:
Leading advancement in oral and dental health through excellence in education, patient care and research.
To serve the local and global communities by producing competent, ethical, socially responsible, research oriented and lifelong learning oral health care professionals.
The BDS course at Dental College HITEC-IMS is a four-year program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Dental Surgery awarded by National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS). This is followed by a one-year internship of clinical training. The program follows the curricular guidelines of NUMS and fulfills all the requirement set by Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC).
At the Completion of their four year BDS Program, the graduates of Dental College HITEC-IMS will be able to apply their knowledge, clinical skills, and professional values to:
- Manage patients with common oral and dental diseases.
- Identify patients for referral requiring specialized oral and dental treatment.
- Advocate preventive measures against common oral and dental diseases.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical and culturally appropriate behavior.
- Engage in lifelong learning for his/her continuous professional development.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate basic skills to conduct research on common oral and dental issues.
- Work in health care teams to provide leadership where required.